Thursday, April 2, 2015

no pressure there

Soon, I'll be calling New York my new home. Well, I'll be calling Long Island my temporary home if I'm going to get technical,
 but it doesn't provide a very good hook into this post I don't think. The real story is that I've been accepted into a summer internship at Brookhaven National Lab. It's considered a pretty competitive internship and receiving an offer is pretty prestigious, but that kind of just makes me feel worse about myself and scared about how I'll really stack up to everyone else there. I mean, they only know me from my application and a few essays, they don't know me like I do, and I can't really think I'm up to parr with the rest of the people that received spots, but by some miracle I made it this far in life, so I suppose I gotta keep going, which means that I will be staying up in New York for 10 weeks this summer. I'll be working with a top notch biochemical engineer (no pressure there) studying biofuel atomization (yeah, no pressure at all considering I don't even know what that is) in the field of sustainable energy. I think it'll be cool and interesting, and I'm happy that I'm sort of maybe doing something productive for my future. Who knows what this summer will bring?
 Probably lots of new and different posts... there's lots changing in the near future! At least for a little while.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment