Thursday, March 19, 2015

blood orange? it's fucking red!

Remember kids, don't be pretentious today! 
The weather's slowly warming up and I think that calls for some festivities! I wore these nails a few weeks ago for Chinese 
New Year because I couldn't find enough red in my wardrobe. I love wearing edgy nails or making use of my dark polishes, but 
when you're closet consists of nothing but black, I think I can spare some color on my fingers. This is predominantly a red nail with rich gold half moons and a fun rhinestone. A quick and easy way to create perfect half moon designs is using paper hole punch reinforcements. You know when you have looseleaf paper in your 3 ring binder and one of them breaks? And you use those stickers to patch up the hole? Yeah, they can have a double duty with your homework and your nails. I also just used some tape to create the stripes extending from the half moons and a red rhinestone over the gold for some added sparkle. This design works well with any color combination 
and is great when you need a quick manicure that looks like you've spent hours on.

     


No comments:

Post a Comment