Monday, March 2, 2015

sunday funday

A DAY OF CAFES

Yesterday, some friends and I decided to check out a couple local coffee shops in our city that have gotten a lot of hype from students around my university. 

First stop: Urban Standard. It's a pretty chill coffee shop downtown known for its decor and donuts, its actually a really great place for studying or meeting up with a few friends for a nice chat. I ate a chicken salad sandwich, which might be one of the best chicken salad sandwiches I've ever eaten, with a lemon-herb vinaigrette pasta salad side. I also got a Macchiato and a red velvet cupcake, and had a bite of a donut. All were very delicious! We ended up sitting and chatting for hours! I loved the atmosphere of this little city gem and if it was a little closer to my campus I'd be there all day, everyday, so I guess it's pretty good it's not really within walking distance because at least I won't get fat from eating all those donuts!







 Second Stop: Thirstea. The city's long awaited bubble tea joint! Personally, I would have loved to see HK-style milk tea on the menu, but that's just my Asian-ness getting too picky, so I stuck with the similar Thai milk tea with bubbles. This place was pretty cool. It was far from campus and hidden away from the main street, but hey I'm not complaining! The shop come equipped with loads of games to play while you sip your tea. My friends and I played Apples to Apples for a little too long, and we can't wait to go back and bring even more people to the party haha. Basically, this little tea house was worth the wait :)


No comments:

Post a Comment