Saturday, March 21, 2015

let's talk about: dermals

Last October, I thought about doing something fun and different. I have wanted a tattoo for as long as I could remember,
 but me being terrified of my parents and what they would say, I didn't entertain idea that for very long, if I must say. Maybe I'll get a piercing, that'll be fun! But I'd never thought about the idea of a piercing other than on the ears or belly button or anything, which I didn't want. Whatever I decided to get was going to be different and something that I could have a little fun with. And that's where I found what dermals really were. Basically a mix between a piercing and implant, it's a single point piercing that becomes home to an anchor with the piercing on the surface. Microdermals can pretty much be put wherever you want (although there are some places that are better than others for healing and convenience purposes). So last October, after several weeks of thinking it over (do your research!!!), I got my first dermal. Dermals have a higher rejection rate than a typical piercing so I decided to wait to see how one did before I got more. It turned out fine, so in January, I got 2 more. Together, they go down the back of my neck vertically in decreasing size. There's a picture below, although I'm not too big of a fan of the photo because it's hard to take a photo yourself of something you can't directly see (ps. the bottom one was sad). You can't see them when my hair is down so it's a nice, subtle surprise, which is exactly what I wanted. It's turned out to go relatively smoothly, although there is the small snag every now and then. Warning: this may sound gross, but I've also accidentally ripped them out a couple times, but have had no problem putting them back in. Overall, they're still in the healing process, which takes a long time, but it hasn't been too big of a problem and I'm in love with them! Have any questions? Feel free to ask! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment